With so many Web hosts out there, it’s an excellent idea to look at side-by-side comparisons in order to find the one that works best for you. The following will compare and contrast A2 hosting with FatCow hosting. At the end, we’ll even give our personal recommendation.
- Linux-based servers
- WordPress integration
- 24/7 support
- FatCow offers a ‘MiniMoo’ plan that can be used for domain parking and only costs $5.00 a year
- FatCow does not have Windows-based servers
- FatCow uses the vDeck control panel, while A2 uses the industry-standard cPanel
- A2 is faster and has more reliable uptime
- A2 has the option for Turbo servers that can load pages 20x faster than standard servers
- A2 has better security features
- A2’s customer support has a better reputation
- Shared (The Original FatCow Plan)
- The MiniMoo plan
There is no clear winner in terms of cost, as FatCow and A2’s plans are quite similar in price. One may be cheaper than the other depending on the kind of plan, whether or not you take advantage of their first term sales, and the duration of the plan. Therefore, we won’t give any advantage in price one way or the other.
While FatCow is a popular Web host with a good reputation, A2 is clearly superior. With faster speeds, better support, and more reliable uptime, we recommend A2 over FatCow any day of the week. With similar pricing, there is no reason not to choose A2.
For more information, check out the videos below: