With so many web hosts out there, it’s an excellent idea to look at side-by-side comparisons in order to find the one that works best for you. The following will compare and contrast A2 hosting with Media Temple hosting. At the end, we’ll even give our personal recommendation.
- 24/7 support
- Managed VPS
- Linux-based plans
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- Wide-range of hosting options
- Very stable uptimes
- Uptime Guarantee
- A2 has unlimited space with their shared hosting plans, while Media Temple has 30GB of space
- Media Temple does not have Windows hosting
- A2 offers Turbo servers for speeds up to 20x faster than standard hosting
- Media Temple’s plans are far more expensive
- A2 stays away from traditional sources of electricity, and instead uses more environmentally responsible methods to power Websites, i.e. wind and solar power
- Media Temple offers fully-managed WordPress hosting plans
Media Temple hosting:
- Managed WordPress
A2 is significantly cheaper. Shared plans with A2 start at just $3.92/month, whereas Media Temple’s shared plans start at $20.00/month. As for VPS hosting, A2’s plans start at $5.00/month while Media Temple’s VPS plans start at $30.00/month.
All-in-all, both Media Temple and A2 hosting are web hosts with stable uptime, solid customer support, and many feature-packed plans to choose from. However, at the end of the day, we give the edge to A2, simply because Media Temple is far more expensive despite being quite similar in reliability and features.
For more information on these hosts, check out the videos below: