BlueHost sports an average online review of about 3.5 out of 5 stars. That’s certainly above average in the Web hosting world. Let’s take a look at some of the things that we like about BlueHost:
- Low Pricing — starting from $3.49/month
- Good Security Options — offers tools that combat some of the most common website risks. ( For example: you can prevent spam with tools like SpamAssassin, Spam Experts, and Spam Hammer);
- Many Integrations and Apps — BlueHost comes with a dashboard full of applications, like Google Apps or CloudFlare.
- One free domain
- Easy-to-use — a great option for beginners.
- 24/7 technical support
- Generous 30-day money back guarantee
- WordPress integration
BlueHost makes it easy to create attractive, functional, and stable pages for your business. However, it does have its drawbacks. For one, BlueHost does not offer a month-to-month shared hosting option. Therefore, if you plan on getting a shared hosting plan, you would need to sign up for at least a year.
Also, BlueHost lacks Windows-based servers. Instead, it is a Linux-based Web host.
After reading reviews online, you’ll find that many loyal BlueHost customers are claiming that the Web host has gotten worse over time. The main complaint is that the support team is no longer as attentive or helpful as they once were. Also, BlueHost has been known for upselling and, at times, for having misleading prices. However, it’s important to note that everyone’s experience with a Web host is different; some may be treated very well and have no issues, while others may have a terrible experience.
All in all, we consider BlueHost an above average option due to its low prices, reliable uptime, and its simplicity. While it is not without problems, no Web host is. For more information on BlueHost hosting, check out the videos below: