Below, we’ll be comparing two web hosts with solid reputations: BlueHost and A2 hosting. They are both reliable and both have a variety of plans available. At the end, we will let you know which host we recommend.
- Linux-based plans
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- 24/7 customer support
- Excellent uptime
- BlueHost does not offer month-to-month plans
- A2 has a Turbo option for exceptionally fast page-loading speeds
- BlueHost offers a free domain name
- A2 has more advanced security features
- With BlueHost, you may need to install a lot of add-ons
- A2 has both Linux and Windows-based servers
If you’re willing to agree to a 3-year plan, then BlueHost will be slightly cheaper than A2. With current discounts, you can get shared hosting with BlueHost for as low as $2.95/month. With A2, the cheapest plan you can get will run you $3.95/month. However, BlueHost is known for excessive upsells, and you also need to commit to longer plans in order to get low prices.
Though these are both solid, reliable web hosts, A2 has the edge over BlueHost. A2 is more flexible; they have both Linux and Windows-based servers, month-to-month payment plans, and the option for a Turbo plan. Also, though BlueHost may appear to be cheaper, you’ll need to commit to longer plans and deal with more upsells. Furthermore, with BlueHost you may need to use many add-ons.
For more information on these web hosts, check out the following videos: