Having difficulty deciding between BlueHost and DreamHost hosting? Below, we’ll break down their similarities and differences, which should help you make up your mind. At the end, we’ll let you know which one we prefer and why.
- Linux-based plans
- 24/7 customer support
- Reliable uptime
- No month-to-month payment plans
- Unlimited Bandwidth, disk storage, free domain
- BlueHost has a 30 day money-back guarantee, while DreamHost has a generous 97 day money-back guarantee (only for shared hosting)
- BlueHost has faster page-loading than DreamHost
- DreamHost does not use the industry-standard cPanel
- DreamHost does not offer phone support
- DreamHost is better for customers experienced in web hosting, while BlueHost is easier-to-use, but you may need to install multiple add-ons
- Managed WordPress
BlueHost offers the cheaper hosting. With current discounts, you can get shared hosting for as low as $2.95/month, Meanwhile, DreamHost’s shared hosting starts at $7.95/month.
This is a close one, as these hosts are quite similar. However, in the end we have to give it to BlueHost due to their easy-to-use interface, faster page-loading speeds, and cheaper prices.
For more information on these web hosts, check out the videos below: