BlueHost and HostMonster have similar offerings, with shared, VPS, dedicated, and WordPress integration. Below, we intend to compare the two in order to determine which is the superior web host. Let’s get started.
- Linux-based plans
- 24/7 customer support
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- No month-to-month payment plans
- BlueHost has faster page-loading speeds
- BlueHost offers better customer support
- HostMonster has a faster set up
- Though HostMonster generally has solid uptime, they have had instances in the past where they suffered from long periods of downtime
- WordPress available for installation
BlueHost is significantly cheaper, due to current discounts. Shared hosting with BlueHost starts at $2.95/month, while HostMonster’s shared plans start at $9.49/month.
BlueHost is the clear winner, in our opinion. For one, BlueHost outperforms HostMonster in a few major categories. BlueHost has faster page-loading speeds and better customer support. Also, HostMonster has had issues with their uptime in the past, making them less reliable. Other than that, these hosts are quite similar, but the real kicker is that BlueHost is also cheaper. There’s no reason to choose HostMonster over BlueHost.
For more information on these videos, check out the videos below: