BlueHost and Web.com both have solid reputations as web hosts. However, there are some major differences, which we will go over below. At the end, we’ll let you know which web host we believe to be superior.
- Linux-based plans
- 24/7 customer support
- Solid uptime
- Free domain
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- Easy-to-use website builder
- BlueHost has a much wider range of plans to choose from
- BlueHost does not have month-to-month payment plans
- Web.com has unreliable web chat support
- Web.com does not automatically have WordPress
- Web.com has both Linux and Windows-based servers
- WordPress available for installation
With current discounts, shared hosting with BlueHost can actually be cheaper than Web.com. BlueHost’s plans can be as low as $2.95/month with a 3 year plan. Meanwhile, Web.com’s plans start at $5.95/month. Of course, BlueHost only offers yearly plans, which may be an issue for some people that are just looking for short-term hosting.
We’d recommend BlueHost over Web.com. Although Web.com has affordable shared hosting with solid uptime, they don’t offer much else. BlueHost has far more plans to choose from. If you’re willing to agree to a long-term deal, it will also be cheaper than Web.com. On top of that, BlueHost also has great performance, including impressive uptime, fast page-loading speeds, and solid customer support. However, if you’re looking for short-term hosting, Web.com is a decent option.
For more information on these web hosts, check out the videos below: