DreamHost and A2 are both well-respected in the hosting industry, but we do believe that there is a clear winner. Below, we’ll break down their major similarities and differences, and then let you know which web host we’d recommend.
- 24/7 support
- Linux-based plans
- Free domain
- Unlimited bandwidth and disk space
- Wide-range of hosting plans
- Uptime guarantee
- A2 has Windows hosting options for shared plans
- A2 offers Turbo servers for speeds up to 20x faster than standard hosting
- A2 is more suitable for beginners
- A2 is significantly cheaper
- Unlike A2, DreamHost does not use the industry-standard cPanel, which can cause difficulties for those accustomed to this format
- DreamHost does not offer phone support
- DreamHost has a lengthy 97 day money-back guarantee, whereas A2 has the standard 30 day money-back guarantee
A2 has the advantage. A2’s plans start at $3.92/month, while the cheapest DreamHost plan will cost you $7.95/month, and that’s only if you agree to a 3-year plan.
While DreamHost has it’s strongpoints, we would recommend A2. A2 is faster, has equally as reliable uptime, and is much cheaper. While DreamHost does have an appealing money-back guarantee and solid performance, they lack phone support, they use a more complex cPanel, and they do not offer turbo servers.
For more information on these web hosts, check out the videos below: