It can be difficult to decide on which web host to use, since there are so many out there to choose from. Reading up on comparisons can really help narrow down your options. The following will compare DreamHost hosting with Arvixe hosting.
- 24/7 support
- Linux-based plans
- Wide-range of hosting plans
- Lengthy money-back guarantees
- Free domain
- Unlimited disk space and bandwidth
- Uptime guarantee
- As of late, Arvixe has been experiencing frequent downtime/service issues
- Unlike Arvixe, DreamHost does not use the industry-standard cPanel, which can cause difficulties for those accustomed to this format
- DreamHost has superior customer support, as customers with Arvixe complain frequently about unreasonably long response times
- DreamHost does not offer phone support
- DreamHost has a 97 day money-back guarantee, whereas Arvixe has a 60 day money-back guarantee
- WordPress available for installation
Arvixe is the cheaper option. Plans with Arvixe start at $4.00/month, while the cheapest plan with DreamHost costs $7.95/month.
Arvixe used to be a solid hosting option, but their reliability has slipped as of late. Although Arvixe is more beginner-friendly and cheaper than DreamHost, we’d still have to recommend DreamHost over Arvixe. DreamHost’s uptime is more reliable, they have better customer support, and are equipped with a longer money-back guarantee.
For more information on these web hosts, check out the videos below: