The following will compare two very different web hosts: DreamHost and Flywheel. While DreamHost would be considered as more of a “standard” web host, Flywheel specializes in VPS WordPress hosting. We’ll break down the similarities and differences between these hosts below, and at the end we’ll decide on a winner.
- 24/7 support
- Flywheel has faster page-loading speeds
- Flywheel is designed specifically for freelancers, creative agencies, and designers
- Flywheel has a more visually appealing interface
- DreamHost offers a wide-range of plans, while Flywheel specializes in VPS WordPress hosting
- DreamHost does not offer phone support
- DreamHost has a lengthy 97 day money-back guarantee, whereas Flywheel has the standard 30 day money-back guarantee
- VPS WordPress
DreamHost is the cheaper option, but neither of these hosts are known for having low prices. Plans with DreamHost start at $7.95/month, while the cheapest plan with Flywheel will run you $15.00/month. However, Flywheel only offers VPS WordPress plans, so that’s not such a bad price.
Since these two web hosts are so different, it is difficult to choose a winner. While Flywheel performs and looks better, they can only satisfy those looking for VPS WordPress plans. Flywheel has pay-per-site and bulk plans to choose from. DreamHost offers a wider range of plans to choose from, including shared and dedicated hosting. They are also cheaper and have a longer money-back guarantee. However, if we had to choose one based on performance, we would definitely recommend Flywheel, due to their impressive uptime, extremely fast page-loading speeds, and aesthetically pleasing web-designs.
For more information on these web hosts, check out the videos below: