Deciding on a web host can be difficult. Reading up on hosting comparisons can help you find the right host for you! The following will compare DreamHost hosting with HostMonster hosting. At the end, we’ll let you know which host we’d recommend.
- 24/7 support
- Linux-based plans
- Wide-range of plans to choose from
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Unlike HostMonster, DreamHost does not use the industry-standard cPanel, which can cause difficulties for those accustomed to this format
- Though HostMonster generally has solid uptime, they have had instances in the past where they suffered from long periods of downtime
- DreamHost has faster page-loading speeds
- DreamHost does not offer phone support
- DreamHost has a lengthy 97 day money-back guarantee, whereas HostMonster offers the standard 30 day money-back guarantee
- WordPress available for installation
DreamHost’s plans are slightly cheaper. Their shared plans start at $7.95/month, whereas HostMonster’s shared plans are as low as $9.49/month.
DreamHost, in our opinion, is the superior host. They have more reliable uptime, faster page-loading speeds, and are a bit cheaper than HostMonster. On top of this, DreamHost has one of the longest money-back guarantees out there. However, one of the major issues with DreamHost is that their cPanel isn’t very beginner-friendly, which may cause difficulties for some. If you’re just starting out, you’ll most likely find HostMonster easier to use.
For more information on these web hosts, check out the videos below: