Choosing a web host can be difficult. Reading up on head-to-head comparisons can help make this decision easier. The following will compare DreamHost hosting with Name.com hosting. At the end, we’ll let you know which host we’d recommend.
- 24/7 support
- Linux-based plans
- Free domain
- Uptime guarantee
- Name.com has the standard 30 day money-back guarantee, whereas DreamHost has a lengthy 97 day money-back guarantee
- Unlike Name.com, DreamHost does not use the industry-standard cPanel, which can cause difficulties for those accustomed to this format
- DreamHost has superior all-around performance, including faster page-loading, more reliable uptime, and better customer support
- DreamHost does not offer phone support
- DreamHost has faster page-loading speeds
- DreamHost has wider-range of plans to choose from
Name.com has the advantage here. Shared hosting plans with Name.com start at $4.99/month, while DreamHost’s cheapest shared plan costs $7.95/month.
Despite being a bit more expensive, DreamHost is the clear winner in this matchup. Their worthier performance, including better uptime, faster page-loading, and superior customer support is well-worth the higher price. Furthermore, they have a much longer money-back guarantee, and also have a many more kinds of plans to choose from, such as VPS and dedicated hosting options.
For more information on these web hosts, check out the videos below: