Choosing the right web host can be difficult, since there are so many web hosts out there. Reading up on hosting comparisons can really help you decide. The following will compare DreamHost hosting with Web.com hosting. At the end, we’ll let you know which host we’d recommend.
- 24/7 support
- Linux-based plans
- Uptime guarantee
- Free domain
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Web.com’s web designs have a poor reputation
- Web.com only offers shared hosting
- Web.com has both Linux and Windows hosting
- DreamHost does not offer phone support
- DreamHost has a lengthy 97 day money-back guarantee, whereas Web.com offers the standard 30 day money-back guarantee
- WordPress available for installation
One.com has the advantage here. One.com’s shared plans start at $5.95/month, while the cheapest shared plan you can get with DreamHost costs $7.95/month.
One.com may work great for some people that are looking only for shared hosting; they offer both Windows and Linux-based shared plans at a decent price. One.com is known for having reliable uptime. However, all-in-all, DreamHost is the superior host, in our opinion. DreamHost has far more plans to choose from, and their performance is also top-notch. DreamHost has impressive uptime and excellent customer support, despite lacking phone support. They also have one of the longest money-back guarantees out there.
For more information on these web hosts, check out the following videos: