DreamHost and WP Engine are two web hosts with very solid reputations. The following will compare the two, and at the end, we’ll give our best recommendation.
- 24/7 support
- Linux-based plans
- Uptime guarantee
- Lengthy money-back guarantees
- Above average page-loading speeds
- WP Engine has a 60 day money-back guarantee; DreamHost has a 97 day money-back guarantee
- WP Engine specializes in WordPress hosting, and therefore have more WordPress-friendly features
- WP Engine is significantly more expensive
- Unlike , DreamHost does not use the industry-standard cPanel, which can cause difficulties for those accustomed to this format
- DreamHost does not have phone support
WP Engine hosting:
One of the cons to WP Engine is how expensive their plans are. Their cheapest plan costs $29.00/month. Meanwhile, DreamHost’s shared plans start at $7.95/month.
Since WP Engine and DreamHost are designed for different clientele, they are difficult to compare. Both hosts perform well, including impressive uptimes and solid customer support teams. When it comes to WordPress hosting, WP Engine is clearly superior, since they are designed strictly for WordPress hosting. However, they are quite expensive for their services. If we had to say which web host is the best value deal, we’d go with DreamHost. They are reliable, have a wide-range of plans to choose from, and have far cheaper hosting options than WP Engine.
For more information on DreamHost and WP Engine, check out the videos below: