Both FatCow and Media Temple have solid reputations. Below, we’ll compare and contrast the two, and at the end, we’ll determine which host we believe to be superior.
- 24/7 customer support
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Wide-range of hosting plans
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- Media Temple has more reliable uptime
- Media Temple is significantly faster than FatCow
- Media Temple offers fully-managed WordPress hosting plans
- FatCow is much cheaper
- FatCow offers a ‘MiniMoo’ plan that can be used for domain parking and only costs $5.00 a year
- “MiniMoo” plan
Media Temple hosting:
- Managed WordPress
Media Temple offers premium features and performance, and they certainly charge for it. Shared hosting with Media Temple costs a whopping $20.00/month, while you can get hosting with FatCow for around $4.00/month.
When it comes to hosting features/performance, there is no question that Media Temple is the better web host. Media Temple is designed to maintain fast speeds, even with high-traffic, and their uptime is quite reliable. Also, they have the option for managed WordPress. Of course, if you are on a budget, Media Temple is not the host for you. FatCow is a decent host and is quite affordable, but being cheaper is just about the only advantage that FatCow has over Media Temple.
For more information on FatCow and Media Temple, check out the videos below: