FatCow and One.com are both solid hosting options that are quite evenly-matched. Below, we’ll outline their main similarities and differences, and at the end, we will try to determine a winner.
- 24/7 customer support
- Very affordable options
- One.com does not have an uptime guarantee
- One.com has no phone support
- Hosting with One.com is more restrictive
- FatCow has a wider-range of hosting plans to choose from
- FatCow offers a ‘MiniMoo’ plan that can be used for domain parking and only costs $5.00 a year
- FatCow has the standard 30 day money-back guarantee, whereas One.com offers just a 15 day guarantee
- “MiniMoo” plan
One.com has cheaper hosting, though they have a limited selection. They have a starter plan that starts at just $.25/month that comes with basic features, perfect for small blogs or email hosting. Their next cheapest plan, the Professional plan, starts at $2.50/month. FatCow, on the other hand, has shared hosting plans for a little over $4.00/month ($49.00/year).
FatCow, as you can see, has a much wider range of plans. If you are looking for VPS, dedicated, or any hosting that isn’t shared, of course One.com is not the host for you. However, for shared hosting, One.com has a few advantages over FatCow hosting. First of all, they have cheaper prices, and their $.25/month Starter plan is definitely appealing for certain hosting endeavors. Also, their set-up is extremely easy and you can get sites up and running quickly. One the other hand, FatCow has a longer money-back guarantee, as well as a 99.9% uptime guarantee. This one could go either way.
For more information on One.com and FatCow hosting, check out the videos below: