Reading head-to-head hosting comparisons is one of the best ways to decide which web host is right for you. Below, we’ll compare FatCow and Web.com, and at the end, we’ll let you know which web host we believe to be superior.
- 24/7 customer support
- Uptime guarantee
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- Free domain (1 year)
- Web.com has better uptime
- Web.com only offers 3 plans in total (all shared), while FatCow has a variety of plans to choose from
- FatCow offers a ‘MiniMoo’ plan that can be used for domain parking and only costs $5.00 a year
- FatCow has unlimited disk space
- “MiniMoo” plan
- WordPress available for installation
FatCow is a bit cheaper. Shared hosting with Web.com starts at $5.95/month, while FatCow’s shared hosting costs a little over $4.00/month ($49.00/year).
Web.com has solid shared hosting plans, but that’s all they have. Although Web.com has excellent uptime reliability, there are many advantages to choosing FatCow hosting. First of all, FatCow has way more plans to choose from, including VPS, dedicated, WordPress, and their very cheap and basic ‘MiniMoo’ plan. FatCow’s plans also have better features, and they are cheaper. We’d recommend FatCow over Web.com for these reasons, but if you are just looking for shared hosting with reliable uptime, then Web.com is not a bad option.
For more information on FatCow and Web.com, check out the following videos: