Deciding on which web host to use can be a difficult choice. Below, we’ll be comparing two of the best hosts out there: Media Temple and Flywheel. At the end, we’ll give some hosting advice, and do our best to pick a winner between these two.
- 24/7 customer support
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- Very reliable uptime
- Solid customer support
- Above average prices
- Media Temple has a wide-range of plans, while Flywheel only has VPS WordPress hosting plans
- While neither host is known for their cheap prices, Media Temple is the more expensive of the two
- Flywheel is designed specifically for freelancers, creative agencies, and designers
- Flywheel tested as one of the fastest web hosts, and has tested to be significantly faster than Media Temple
- FlyWheel is known for their beautiful interface
- VPS WordPress (Pay-per-site and bulk plans available)
Media Temple hosting:
- Managed WordPress
Flywheel has the advantage. Their VPS WordPress plans start at $15.00/month. Meanwhile, even Media Temple’s shared hosting is more expensive than this, starting at $20.00/month (while their VPS hosting starts at $30.00/month).
Media Temple and Flywheel are both in the top-tier of web hosts. While it’s unfortunate that Flywheel only offers VPS WordPress hosting, we’ll still give them the advantage over Media Temple. Not only is Flywheel significantly cheaper, but they also perform better than Media Temple, with faster page-loading speeds and rock-solid uptime. However, Media Temple is an impressive host in their own right. If you aren’t looking for Flywheel’s VPS WordPress hosting, and money is not an issue, Media Temple is an excellent alternative.
For more information on Media Temple and Flywheel, check out the following videos: