With so many Web hosts out there, it can be helpful to compare them side by side in order to determine which is best for you. The following will compare GoDaddy hosting with DreamHost hosting.
- WordPress integration
- 24/7 support
- Multiple Linux-based server options.
- GoDaddy offers both Linux and Windows-based options, while DreamHost lacks Windows-based servers
- DreamHost does not use cPanel, which can cause difficulties for beginners
- GoDaddy offers phone support, DreamHost does not
- DreamHost has better security features
- DreamHost is significantly faster and has a better average uptime percentage than GoDaddy
GoDaddy is significantly cheaper, offering multiple plans under $4.00 a month. Meanwhile, the cheapest plan you can get with DreamHost will run you $7.95 per month, and that’s only if you sign a 3-year plan. While their VPS hosting prices are closer in similarity, GoDaddy offers dedicated hosting plans that are over 50% cheaper than DreamHost’s cheapest option.
When it comes to recommending one of these two Web hosts, it’s pretty simple; if price is not a concern, then we recommend going with DreamHost. DreamHost is faster and more reliable than GoDaddy. However, if you’re on a budget, know that GoDaddy is about half as expensive. Also, GoDaddy has phone support, is more beginner friendly, and has a larger variety of server options.
For more information on these two Web hosts, check out the following videos: