With so many Web hosts out there, it can be helpful to compare them side by side in order to determine which is best for you. The following will compare GoDaddy hosting with HostMonster hosting.
- 24/7 support
- Wide selection of Linux-based plans
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- They each have similar uptime percentage
- Both of them receive common complaints about page-loading speed
- HostMonster uses Weebly site-building software
- HostMonster does not have month-to-month plans available
- GoDaddy’s guarantees vary depending on the plan, while HostMonster offers a consistent 30 day money-back guarantee.
- GoDaddy has both Linux and Windows plans.
- WordPress available for installation
GoDaddy’s plans are significantly cheaper, with available options starting at less than $4.00 a month. HostMonster, on the other hand, does not have any cheap entry-level plans available. Their cheapest plan is their ‘basic’ shared plan, which starts at $10.99 per month. HostMonster does offer a first term discount, but even then their lowest price is $4.95 per month.
GoDaddy and HostMonster are each mediocre Web hosts, and they are pretty evenly matched. However, we’ll give HostMonster the advantage due to their cheaper prices and their wide list of plans.