Deciding on a web host can be difficult, since there are so many options to choose from. Reading up on hosting comparisons is one of the best ways to find the right host for you. Below, we’ll be comparing two very popular web hosts: GoDaddy and Media Temple. At the end, we’ll let you know which we’d recommend.
- WordPress plans
- 24/7 support
- Industry-standard cPanel
- Wide-range of hosting plans
- GoDaddy offers both Linux and Windows-based options, while Media Temple only uses Linux
- GoDaddy’s refund policies vary depending on the plan, while Media Temple has a consistent 30 day money-back guarantee.
- Media Temple offers fully-managed WordPress hosting plans
- Media Temple’s plans are far more expensive
- Media Temple performs better in speed, uptime reliability, and customer support
Media Temple hosting:
- Managed WordPress
GoDaddy is significantly cheaper — you can get plans with them for under $3.50/month. Media Temple, on the other hand, is more on the expensive side. Their shared plans start at $20.00/month.
Media Temple is clearly the superior web host, beating GoDaddy in just about every performance category, as well as having better features — but they charge for it. Media Temple’s shared plans are far more expensive than GoDaddy’s. GoDaddy also has Windows-based servers, which may be necessary for some people. In conclusion, if you are on a budget, go with GoDaddy. However, if your main concern is finding a host with solid uptime and fast page-loading speeds, Media Temple is a great option.
For more information on GoDaddy and Media Temple, check out the videos below: