Below, we’ll list off the major similarities and differences that we found when comparing One.com and GoDaddy hosting. It’s a pretty close matchup. At the end, we’ll give our best hosting advice.
- 24/7 support
- Industry-standard cPanel
- WordPress plans available
- GoDaddy’s refund policies vary depending on the plan (usually 30 day guarantee), while One.com has a short 15 day money-back guarantee
- GoDaddy has both Windows and Linux-based hosting, One.com uses only Linux
- GoDaddy has a 99.9% uptime guarantee, while One.com does not have an uptime guarantee
- One.com has a ‘Starter’ plan for just $.25/month, perfect for basic websites, blogs & email hosting
- One.com has no phone support
- One.com’s plans are very affordable, but are very basic and have more plan limitations than GoDaddy
One.com is one of the cheapest hosts out there. Aside from their practically free Starter plan (mentioned above), their next cheapest plan costs just $2.50/month. Meanwhile, GoDaddy is pretty affordable as well, but their lowest plan starts at around $3.50/month.
As you can see, GoDaddy has a wider-range of plans than One.com, and their plans are also less basic than One.com’s. However, for shared hosting, One.com has a few advantages over GoDaddy hosting. First of all, they have cheaper prices, and their $.25/month Starter plan is definitely appealing for certain hosting endeavors. Also, their set-up is extremely easy and you can get sites up and running quickly. Unfortunately, they have an unusually short money-back guarantee, and they lack phone support. However, if you’re simply looking for cheap, basic, and easy to use shared hosting, One.com is for you.
For more information on GoDaddy and One.com hosting, check out the videos below: