There are plenty of web hosts out there, which can make choosing one a difficult task. These head-to-head hosting comparisons can help ease your decision. Below, we’ll compare GoDaddy with Web.com hosting, and at the end, we’ll give you our best hosting advice.
- 24/7 support
- Uptime guarantee
- Linux and Windows-based hosting
- GoDaddy’s refund policies vary depending on the plan, while Web.com offers the standard 30 day money-back guarantee on all of their plans
- GoDaddy has a much wider-range of plans to choose from. Web.com has 3 plans available total, all shared.
- Web.com’s web designs have a poor reputation
- Web.com does not automatically have WordPress, but they have many one-click installers available
- WordPress available for installation
GoDaddy has the advantage in terms of pricing. Their shared plans are cheaper, starting around $3,50/month, while Web.com’s shared plans start at $5.95/month.
Although Web.com has solid shared hosting with excellent uptime reliability, it’s tough to call them a better host than GoDaddy. You could argue that their shared hosting plans are superior, but in the big picture, we prefer GoDaddy. They have far more hosting options, their shared hosting is cheaper, and Web.com’s shared hosting isn’t good enough to give them a convincing advantage over GoDaddy.
For more information on Web.com and GoDaddy, check out the videos below: