Below, we’ll list the major differences and similarities between hosting with Name.com and HostMonster. We do believe that one is clearly superior than the other, which we will expand on at the end.
- 24/7 customer support
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Industry-standard cPanel
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- Name.com does not offer VPS or dedicated hosting plans
- Name.com has WordPress plans readily available
- HostMonster has a more reliable uptime and is significantly faster than Name.com
- HostMonster’s customer support has a better reputation
- HostMonster has more types of hosting to choose from
- WordPress available for installation
They’re nearly even in this category. Name.com’s shared hosting plans start at $4.99/month, while HostMonster’s cheapest plan will cost you $4.95/month.
HostMonster is the clear winner. Name.com’s speed, uptime reliability, and customer support have all tested below average for a web host, while HostMonster performs above average in all of these categories. On top of this, they essentially cost the same, so there would be little reason to go with Name.com over HostMonster.
For more information on HostMonster and Name.com, check out the videos below: