Having trouble deciding between HostMonster and One.com? Below, we’ll break down their major similarities and differences, and at the end, we’ll let you know which host we’d recommend.
- 24/7 customer support
- Industry-standard cPanel
- Fast set-up
- One.com does not have an uptime guarantee
- One.com has only a 15 day money-back guarantee, while HostMonster has the standard 30 day money-back guarantee
- One.com has a ‘Starter’ plan that costs just $.25/month. It comes with very basic features, perfect for basic websites, blogs, and email hosting
- One.com does not have phone support
- HostMonster has a wider-range of hosting options
- HostMonster’s plans have fewer limitations
- HostMonster has dealt with frequent uptime issues in the past
- WordPress available for installation
One.com has significantly cheaper hosting, though they have a limited selection. They have a starter plan that starts at just $.25/month that comes with basic features, perfect for small blogs or email hosting. Their next cheapest plan, the Professional plan, starts at $2.50/month. HostMonster, on the other hand, has shared hosting plans starting at $9.49/month.
We’ll give One.com the advantage in this matchup. One.com has some of the cheapest hosting out there, while HostMonster is definitely overpriced for what they offer. HostMonster has also struggled with uptime reliability and page-loading speeds in the past, while One.com is quite reliable, especially for their low prices. Although One.com has fewer plan options, as well as more plan limitations, they are one of the best options for anyone looking for affordable shared hosting. Meanwhile, there are multiple web hosts that offer better hosting than HostMonster, and for less money.
For more information on One.com and HostMonster, check out the videos below: