HostMonster and WP Engine are very different web hosts. WP Engine specializes in WordPress hosting, while HostMonster has shared, VPS, and dedicated hosting available. Below, we’ll break down their similarities and differences, and at the end, we’ll let you know which host we’d recommend.
- 24/7 customer support
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- WP Engine is only for WordPress hosting and has many WordPress specific features
- WP Engine is far more expensive
- WP Engine has better security features and customer service
- HostMonster has a wider-range of hosting plans to choose from
- HostMonster has dealt with frequent issues with their uptime and page-loading speeds, while WP Engine performs far above average in these categories
- WordPress available for installation
WP Engine hosting:
- Managed WordPress
HostMonster has much cheaper hosting options, with shared plans starting at $9.49/month. Meanwhile, WP Engine’s cheapest plan, the Personal plan, costs $29.00/month. They have managed and custom WordPress hosting plans as well, which gets far more expensive.
Sure — WP Engine is expensive. However, it’s worth the costs; they offer premium WordPress hosting plans equipped with great WordPress-specific features. Also, their uptime reliability, page-loading speeds, and customer support are all top-notch. When it comes to WordPress hosting, they are one of the best options out there. That being said, those not looking for WordPress hosting, or those on a tight budget, will need to look further. Meanwhile, HostMonster’s performance is lackluster, and there are plenty of superior hosts that offer the same or better for less money. In conclusion, WP Engine is definitely recommended over HostMonster, though they do not have a wide-range of hosting options.
For more information on WP Engine and HostMonster, check out the videos below: