InMotion and FatCow are both solid and affordable web hosts. If you’re having trouble deciding between them, we can help. Below, we’ll break down their similarities and differences, and at the end, we’ll let you know which host we believe to be superior.
- 24/7 customer support
- Wide-range of hosting options
- InMotion’s site builder, BoldGrid, is highly praised
- Some complain about InMotion’s excessive uspelling
- InMotion outperforms FatCow in almost every category; InMotion has significantly faster page-loading speeds, more reliable uptime, and better customer support
- FatCow has the standard 30 day money-back guarantee, while InMotion has a lengthy 90 day money-back guarantee
- FatCow offers a ‘MiniMoo’ plan that can be used for domain parking and only costs $5.00 a year
- FatCow uses the very beginner-friendly vDeck control panel
- Shared (The Original FatCow Plan)
- The MiniMoo plan
Aside from the $5.00/year MiniMoo plan (mentioned above), FatCow’s shared plans start at $49/year, or about $4.00/month. InMotion is slightly cheaper, with their cheapest shared plan costing $3.49/month.
We’d definitely recommend InMotion over FatCow. InMotion is one of the best web hosts available, with top-notch features, performance, page-loading speeds, and customer support. InMotion’s money-back guarantee is also three times longer than FatCow’s. FatCow is generally a solid option, but they are no match for InMotion, as they look relatively mediocre in comparison. On top of this, InMotion’s shared plans are also slightly cheaper, although FatCow’s $5.00/year MiniMoo plan may be a huge draw for some people.
For more information on FatCow and InMotion, check out the videos below: