InMotion and Web.com both have solid reputations as web hosts. However, there are some major differences, which we will go over below. At the end, we’ll let you know which web host we believe to be superior.
- 24/7 customer support
- Reliable uptime
- InMotion’s site builder, BoldGrid, is highly praised
- InMotion has faster page-loading speeds
- InMotion’s technical support is better-reviewed than Web.com’s
- Web.com has both Windows and Linux-based hosting, while InMotion uses only Linux
- Web.com only offers shared hosting plans
- Web.com has the standard 30 day money-back guarantee, while InMotion generously offers a 90 day money-back guarantee
- WordPress available for installation
InMotion is the slightly cheaper option. Shared hosting with InMotion starts at $3.49/month, while Web.com’s shared plans start at $5.95/month.
InMotion is the clear winner, in our opinion. Web.com is known for their reliable uptime, but InMotion’s uptime is also top-notch. InMotion outperforms Web.com in page-loading speeds, and they have better technical support. On top of this, InMotion has more plans to choose from, less plan limitations, and a much longer money-back guarantee. To top it all off, they are also cheaper than Web.com. Easy pick.
For more information on Web.com and InMotion, check out the following videos: