InMotion and WP Engine are two of the best web hosts out there. Below, we’ll break down their similarities and differences. At the end, we’ll give you our best hosting advice.
- 24/7 customer support
- Lengthy money-back guarantees (90 day for InMotion, 60 day for WP Engine)
- Above average uptime, page-loading speeds, and technical support
- InMotion’s site builder, BoldGrid, is highly praised
- Some complain about InMotion’s excessive upselling
- InMotion uses the industry-standard cPanel
- WP Engine is only for WordPress hosting and has many WordPress specific features
- WP Engine is far more expensive
WP Engine hosting:
- Managed WordPress
InMotion has much cheaper hosting options, with plans starting at $3.49/month. Meanwhile, WP Engine’s cheapest plan, the Personal plan, costs $29.00/month. They have managed and custom WordPress hosting plans as well, which gets far more expensive.
This is a difficult comparison, since these web hosts offer such different kinds of hosting. They are both top-notch in performance and reliability. While InMotion functions as more of a do-it-all kind of host, WP Engine specializes in WordPress. If you’re looking for WordPress hosting, WP Engine is undoubtedly the superior option since they have WordPress-specific features. However, as a whole, we’d actually give InMotion the advantage in this matchup; their plans are very affordable, while WP Engine is definitely on the expensive side.
For more information on InMotion and WP Engine, check out the videos below: