iPage has an average online review rating of about 3.5 out of 5 stars, which is one of the better averages out there. But are they deserving of this reputation? Let’s start out with what we like about iPage:
- Great discounts for new customers, with plans as cheap as $1.99/month
- 24/7 customer support, providing service via phone, email, and live chat
- Strong security features
- Supportive of many third-party applications
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- Many of their plans offer unlimited storage, disk space, and domain names
- Decent amount of Linux server plans, including VPS, web, and dedicated hosting plans
- WordPress integration
iPage’s current discounts make them one of the cheapest hosting options for new customers. Furthermore, iPage’s plans come with some great features. So what don’t we like about iPage hosting? Well, first of all, they lack Windows-based servers. They also do not provide month-to-month plans, so prepare to stick with them for at least a year (although their 30 day money-back guarantee mitigates this issue).
Unfortunately, iPage hasn’t scored so well on average uptime or page-loading speed in comparison to other Web hosts. Indeed, they are somewhere in the lower-middle of the pack in these categories, which is a bummer considering how important these attributes are for a Web host. They also do not use the standard cPanel, which can be an inconvenience to many people that are used to this format.
In conclusion, we wouldn’t recommend iPage unless you are really on a budget and you are trying to score their appealing discounts. This is simply because there are far better options out there when it comes to speed and uptime; we just don’t think iPage is that reliable. And in the hosting world, reliability is everything.
For more information on iPage, check out the videos below.