Having difficulty deciding between DreamHost and iPage hosting? Below, we’ll break down their major similarities and differences, and at the end, we’ll give our recommendation.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- WordPress plans available
- Neither host uses the industry-standard cPanel
- Plans come with unlimited disk space, unlimited data transfer, and unlimited email accounts
- DreamHost is not as beginner-friendly
- DreamHost does not offer phone support
- DreamHost has a very lengthy 97 day money-back guarantee, while iPage has the standard 30 day money-back guarantee
- iPage supports a wide-range of third-party applications, but DreamHost has more applications automatically included
- iPage does not have month-to-month payment plans
- Managed WordPress
iPage is significantly cheaper than DreamHost. DreamHost’s shared hosting starts at $7.95/month, while iPage’s shared plans start as low as $1.99/month.
Although DreamHost may perform a bit better than iPage in uptime and page-loading speeds, we’d still give iPage a slight advantage. iPage is a great value purchase at just $1.99/month. It comes with solid hosting features and decent reliability. However, most importantly, iPage has superior usability, and is far more beginner-friendly than DreamHost.
For more information on DreamHost and iPage, check out the videos below: