With so many web hosts out there, settling on one can be tough. Reading up on head-to-head hosting comparisons is a great way to help you make your decision. The following will compare Name.com and iPage. At the end, we’ll let you know which host we would recommend.
- 24/7 customer support
- Linux-based servers
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- Name.com’s plans are more basic in features
- Name.com’s security is questionable, as people have experienced multiple DDOS attacks
- Name.com does not offer VPS or dedicated hosting plans
- iPage is faster, has more reliable uptime, and has a better technical support team than Name.com
- iPage does not offer month-to-month payment plans
Cheap prices are what iPage is most known for. Shared plans with iPage start at just $1.99/month. Meanwhile, shared plans with Name.com start at $4.99/month with a 1 year plan.
iPage is the clear winner. Name.com only offers shared hosting (which already makes them a limited web host), and their shared hosting is nothing spectacular. Not only does iPage’s shared hosting plans have better features than Name.com’s, but their hosting is also far more reliable, with better uptime and faster page-loading speeds. To top it off, iPage is also cheaper.
For more information on iPage and Name.com, check out the videos below: