Name.com and One.com are two very similar web hosts. They are both somewhat limited, offering only shared hosting with capped features. However, we do believe that there is a clear winner between these two, which we will reveal at the end.
- 24/7 customer support
- Industry-standard cPanel
- Only shared hosting plans available
- Name.com has a 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Name.com’s security is questionable, as people have experienced multiple DDOS attacks
- Name.com has the standard 30 day money-back guarantee, while One.com has a short 14 day money-back guarantee
- Name.com’s speed, uptime reliability, and customer support have all tested below average for a web host
- One.com has a starter plan that starts at just $.25/month that comes with basic features, perfect for small blogs or email hosting
- One.com does not offer phone support
One.com is significantly cheaper. Aside from their practically free and very basic Starter plan (mentioned above), their next cheapest hosting plan costs $2.50/month. Meanwhile, Name.com’s cheapest plan costs $4.99/month (with a 1 year plan).
Aside from a longer money-back guarantee, Name.com does not have many advantages over One.com. One.com outperforms Name.com in uptime, page-loading speeds, and security features. Both of these web hosts only offer shared hosting, but One.com has much cheaper options. With cheaper prices and better performance, we’d definitely recommend One.com over Name.com
For more information on Name.com and One.com, check out the videos below: