There are plenty of web hosts out there, which can make choosing one a difficult task. These head-to-head hosting comparisons can help ease your decision. Below, we’ll compare Name.com with Web.com hosting, and at the end, we’ll give you our best hosting advice.
- 24/7 support
- Uptime guarantee
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- Name.com’s speed, uptime reliability, and customer support have all tested below average for a web host
- Name.com’s security is questionable, as people have experienced multiple DDOS attacks
- Web.com has very solid uptime
- Web.com has both Linux and Windows-based severs, while Name.com only uses Linux
- Web.com’s web designs have a poor reputation
- Web.com does not automatically have WordPress, but they have many one-click installers available
- WordPress available for installation
Name.com is slightly cheaper, with shared plans starting at $4.99/month. Meanwhile, Web.com’s shared plans start at $5.95/month.
Web.com is the clear winner, in our opinion. While they may cost a bit more than Name.com, it’s well worth paying a bit extra for Web.com’s superior performance, security, and versatility. Name.com is a subpar web host in just about every category.
For more information on Name.com and Web.com, check out the videos below: