The following will compare Arvixe hosting with Media Temple hosting. These hosts are quite different. Media Temple is a premium host, with big-name clients such as Starbucks and Adidas. NameCheap, on the other hand, is a very basic, yet far more affordable web host. After breaking down their similarities and differences, we’ll let you know which host we’d recommend.
- 24/7 customer support
- Uptime guarantee
- Wide range of hosting options
- NameCheap has both Linux and Windows-based servers, Media Temple uses only Linux
- NameCheap is primarily a domain registrar
- NameCheap does not offer phone support
- NameCheap has many plan limitations, including caps across domains, disk space, databases and email addresses
- Media Temple has a 30 day money-back guarantee, while NameCheap has an unusually short 14 day money-back guarantee
- Media Temple has managed WordPress and VPS plans
- Media Temple has superior uptime, support, and plan features, but is significantly more expensive
Media Temple hosting:
- Managed WordPress
- Private Email hosting
- WordPress available for installation
NameCheap has some of the cheapest hosting available. Their shared hosting can cost as low as $9.88/year, which comes out to about $0.82/month! Meanwhile, Media Temple is a premium web host, but it will cost you. Shared plans with Media Temple start at $20.00/month. NameCheap has a huge advantage in terms of prices.
There’s no question that Media Temple is the superior web host. They’re one of the best hosts out there in terms of uptime reliability, page-loading speeds, and features. However, they are quite expensive, as even their cheapest shared hosting plan costs $20.00/month. NameCheap is quite the opposite. While they offer extremely affordable plans, their performance and features are relatively mediocre. Therefore, if you can afford it, we’d recommend Media Temple, but if you are on a budget, NameCheap is a cheap and decent option.
For more information on Media Temple and NameCheap, check out the videos below: