Below, we’ll list off the major similarities and differences that we found when comparing One.com and Web.com hosting. It’s a pretty close matchup. At the end, we’ll give our best hosting advice.
- 24/7 customer support
- Uptime guarantee
- Only shared hosting
- Web.com is notorious for very unreliable web chat support
- Web.com has both Linux and Windows-based hosting
- Web.com’s web designs have a poor reputation
- One.com has a short 15 day money-back guarantee, while Web.com has the standard 30 day money-back guarantee
- One.com offers a Starter plan that starts at just $.25/month that comes with basic features, perfect for small blogs or email hosting
- One.com does not offer phone support
- WordPress available for installation
One.com is the cheaper option. Aside from their very cheap Starter plan (mentioned above), their next cheapest plan, the Professional plan, starts at $2.50/month. Web.com, on the other hand, has shared plans starting at $5.95/month.
We’d definitely recommend One.com over Web.com. One.com’s Starter plan is practically free, and it’s a great option for basic hosting needs. One.com has superior technical support and extremely cheap hosting plans. Although Web.com has a longer money-back guarantee, and gives you the option for either Linux or Windows-based plans, their higher prices and poor web designs hold them back.
For more information on One.com and Web.com, check out the videos below: