Weebly and WP Engine are both highly rated web hosts. Below, we’ll break down their major similarities and differences, and at the end, we’ll let you know which host we’d recommend.
- 24/7 customer support
- WP Engine has a lengthy 60 day money-back guarantee, while Weebly has the standard 30 day money-back guarantee
- WP Engine offers strictly WordPress hosting, so they have many WordPress-specific features
- WP Engine has faster page-loading speeds and more reliable uptime
- WP Engine has more advanced security features
- Weebly’s technical support has a very poor reputation
- Weebly offers a free plan that comes with 500mb of storage and all the basic necessities for website building/hosting
- Weebly’s mobile sites are not customizable
WP Engine hosting:
- Managed WordPress
WP Engine is arguably the best WordPress host out there, but they are not cheap. Their cheapest plan, the ‘Personal’ plan, costs $29.00/month. Meanwhile, aside from Weebly’s Free plan, which is very convenient for temporary sites, their cheapest hosting plan costs $8.00/month.
There’s no question that WP Engine is the superior host in terms of features, reliability, and performance. However, WP Engine is one of the more expensive web hosts, and they only offer WordPress hosting. Weebly is a decent alternative; other than their poor technical support, Weebly is solid all-around. Although if you’re looking for WordPress hosting, and money is not an issue, we’d definitely recommend WP Engine.
For more information on Weebly and WP Engine, check out the videos below: