BlueHost and Wix are two high-level web hosts. We’ll break down their similarities and differences, and at the end, we’ll let you know which host we’d recommend.
- 24/7 support
- Uptime guarantee
- Wix functions as an all-in-one site builder/web host
- Wix offers a free plan, while includes a free Wix domain, 500MB storage, and 1GB bandwidth
- Wix’s long-term pricing is more expensive than similar competitors
- Wix comes with many built-in features, although adding things that aren’t built-in is a difficult process
- BlueHost has better features — Wix has many plan limitations
- BlueHost does not offer month-to-month plans
- With BlueHost, you may need to install a lot of add-ons
- BlueHost has the standard 30 day money-back guarantee, while Wix allows a 14 day free trial
Wix hosting (6 plans total):
- Free Plan
- Connect Domain Plan
- Combo Plan
- Unlimited Plan
- eCommerce Plan
- VIP Plan
Aside from Wix’s Free plan (detailed above), their hosting plans start at $5.00/month. Meanwhile, you can get shared hosting with BlueHost for just $2.95/month with current discounts.
In this matchup, we like BlueHost. BlueHost has superior uptime and page-loading speeds (though Wix is still solid in these categories when compared to other web hosts). On top of this, BlueHost’s features have fewer limitations than Wix, including unlimited disk space. With current discounts, BlueHost’s plans are very affordable. To Wix’s credit, they do offer a free plan, but it’s only practical for small-scale or temporary websites.
For more information on BlueHost and Wix, check out the videos below: