Deciding on a web host can be difficult. Reading up on hosting comparisons can help you find the right host for you. The following will compare DreamHost hosting with Wix hosting. At the end, we’ll let you know which host we’d recommend.
- 24/7 support
- Uptime guarantee
- Free domain
- Wix functions as an all-in-one site builder/web host
- Wix offers a free plan, while includes a free Wix domain, 500MB storage, and 1GB bandwidth
- Wix’s long-term pricing is more expensive than similar competitors
- Wix comes with many built-in features, although adding things that aren’t built-in is a difficult process
- DreamHost does not use the industry-standard cPanel, which can cause difficulties for those accustomed to this format
- DreamHost does not offer phone support
- DreamHost has a lengthy 97 day money-back guarantee, while Wix allows a 14 day free trial
Wix hosting (6 plans total):
- Free Plan
- Connect Domain Plan
- Combo Plan
- Unlimited Plan
- eCommerce Plan
- VIP Plan
Aside from Wix’s Free plan (detailed above), their hosting plans start at $5.00/month. Meanwhile, DreamHost’s shared plans start at $7.95/month.
Although Wix is a solid host, we prefer DreamHost in this matchup. DreamHost has more reliable uptime and faster page-loading speeds. On top of this, DreamHost has a generous 97 day money-back guarantee. However, the main advantage that DreamHost has over Wix is in their features. Wix’s plans are pretty limited, while DreamHost’s plans are equipped with unlimited bandwidth, unlimited disk space, etc. On the other hand, Wix does offer a free plan, but it’s really only practical for very small or temporary websites.
For more information on DreamHost and Wix, check out the videos below: