FatCow is a unique all-in-one site builder/web host, while FatCow functions as more of a traditional jack-of-all-trades type host. Below, we’ll break down their major similarities and differences, and at the end, we’ll let you know which host we’d recommend.
- 24/7 support
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Wix functions as an all-in-one site builder/web host
- Wix offers a free plan, while includes a free Wix domain, 500MB storage, and 1GB bandwidth
- Wix’s long-term pricing is more expensive than similar competitors
- Wix comes with many built-in features, although adding things that aren’t built-in is a difficult process
- FatCow offers a ‘MiniMoo’ plan that can be used for domain parking and only costs $5.00 a year
- FatCow is more environmentally-friendly (powered by wind energy)
- FatCow has the standard 30 day money-back guarantee, while Wix allows a 14 day free trial
Wix hosting (6 plans total):
- Free Plan
- Connect Domain Plan
- Combo Plan
- Unlimited Plan
- eCommerce Plan
- VIP Plan
- “MiniMoo” plan
Aside from Wix’s Free plan (detailed above), their hosting plans start at $5.00/month. Meanwhile, ‘The Original FatCow’ plan costs $49.00/year, which is slightly over $4.00/month. However, as mentioned above, FatCow has their very basic ‘MiniMoo’ plan, costing only $5.00/year.
While there are pros and cons to each, we prefer Wix in this matchup. Wix has more reliable uptime and faster page-loading speeds. Wix also has far more built-in features than FatCow. Both Wix and FatCow have basic plans that can be used for temporary sites. Wix’s is completely free, while FatCow’s costs $5.00/year.
For more information on FatCow and Wix, check out the videos below: