Below, we’ll be comparing two very different web hosts: WP Engine and One.com. While WP Engine is a premium WordPress-specific web host, One.com is a very cheap host with basic features. We’ll break down their similarities and differences, and at the end, we’ll give you our best hosting advice.
- 24/7 support
- WP Engine is only for WordPress hosting and has many WordPress-specific features
- WP Engine is far more expensive
- WP Engine has better security features and technical support
- WP Engine has a lengthy 60 day money-back guarantee, while One.com has a short 15 day money-back guarantee
- One.com uses the industry-standard cPanel
- One.com has a ‘Starter’ plan for just $.25/month, perfect for basic websites, blogs & email hosting
- One.com has no phone support
- One.com’s plans are very affordable, but are very basic and have many feature limitations
WP Engine hosting:
- Managed WordPress
One.com is one of the cheapest hosts out there. Aside from their practically free Starter plan (mentioned above), their next cheapest plan costs just $2.50/month. Meanwhile, WP Engine’s cheapest plan, the Personal plan, costs $29.00/month. WP Engine has managed and custom WordPress hosting plans as well, which gets far more expensive.
These hosts are about as different as they come. While One.com offers extremely cheap hosting, their plans are very limited. WP Engine, on the other hand, is quite expensive, but their plan features, uptime, page-loading speeds, and technical support are all top-notch. Overall, WP Engine is clearly the superior host, but if you are on a budget, then One.com is a solid option in terms of value.
For more information on One.com and WP Engine, check out the videos below: