Having trouble deciding on a web host? Hosting comparisons are one of the best tools to help you find the web host that is best for you. Below, we’ll compare WP Engine with Web.com, and at the end, we’ll let you know which host we’d recommend.
- 24/7 customer support
- Uptime guarantee
- WP Engine is only for WordPress hosting and has many WordPress-specific features
- WP Engine is significantly more expensive
- WP Engine has a lengthy 60 day money-back guarantee, while Web.com has the standard 30 day money-back guarantee
- Web.com’s web designs have a poor reputation
- Web.com has both Linux and Windows-based hosting
- Web.com is notorious for very unreliable web chat support
- WordPress available for installation
WP Engine hosting:
- Managed WordPress
WP Engine is a premium web host, but it will cost you. WP Engine’s cheapest plan, the Personal plan, costs $29.00/month. WP Engine has managed and custom WordPress hosting plans as well, which gets far more expensive. Meanwhile, Web.com’s shared plans start at $5.95/month.
In terms of performance and features, WP Engine is easily the superior web host. That being said, they are quite expensive. If you’re more concerned with speed and reliability than cost, then go with WP Engine. On the other hand, Web.com has cheaper but far more basic hosting, although they are known for their reliable uptime.
For more information on WP Engine and Web.com, check out the videos below: