Having difficulty deciding between DreamHost and FatCow hosting? In many ways, they are quite similar and evenly matched web hosts. Below, we’ll break down their major similarities and differences, and at the end, we’ll give our recommendation.
- 24/7 support
- Linux-based plans
- Free domain
- Unlimited disk space and bandwidth
- Uptime guarantee
- FatCow is more beginner-friendly, due to an easier to use control panel
- FatCow offers a unique “MiniMoo” plan is only $5.00 a year and can be used for domain parking
- DreamHost does not offer phone support
- DreamHost has faster page-loading speeds
- DreamHost has a lengthy 97 day money-back guarantee, whereas FatCow has the standard 30 day money-back guarantee
- “MiniMoo” plan
FatCow is the cheaper of the two. They offer the unique $5/year “Mini Moo” plan, perfect for domain parking. Their shared plans start at $49/year, or about $4.00/month. Meanwhile, DreamHost’s shared plans start at $7.95/month.
This one’s close, and an argument can be made for both. On one hand, FatCow is cheaper and easier to use than DreamHost. However, DreamHost has a longer money-back guarantee, and performs better than FatCow, including faster page-loading speeds. If you’re a beginner on a budget, we’d recommend FatCow. However, if you are more experienced, and you’re willing to pay for the better performance, go with DreamHost.
For more information on these web hosts, check out the videos below: