In many ways, Arvixe and FatCow are quite similar web hosts. Deciding between the two may prove difficult. Below, we’ll compare the two, and at the, we’ll decide which host we believe to be superior.
- 24/7 customer support
- Linux-based servers
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Customer support could be improved for both
- Wide-range of hosting plans
- Unlimited disk space and data transfers
- Arvixe has slightly faster page-loading speeds
- Arvixe uses the industry-standard cPanel, while FatCow uses the vDeck control panel
- FatCow does not offer any Windows-based plans
- FatCow offers a ‘MiniMoo’ plan that can be used for domain parking and only costs $5.00 a year
- FatCow has the standard 30 day money-back guarantee, whereas Arvixe has a lengthy 60 day money-back guarantee
- “MiniMoo” plan
- WordPress available for installation
When it comes to their standard shared hosting plans, the prices are nearly identical. Arvixe’s lowest shared plan costs $4.00/month, while ‘The Original FatCow’ plan costs $49.00/year, which comes out to slightly over $4.00/month. However, as mentioned above, FatCow has their very basic ‘MiniMoo’ plan, costing only $5.00/year.
It’s tough to choose a clear winner between these two. They’re about the same price, their plans have similar features, and they each offer a myriad of hosting plans. However, unless you can find use for FatCow’s unique ‘MiniMoo’ plan, we’ll give a slight edge to Arvixe. They’ve performed slightly better than FatCow in recent tests, their money-back guarantee is twice as long, and they use the industry-standard cPanel, which helps those accustomed to this format.
For more information on Arvixe and FatCow, check out the videos below: