In this head-to-head hosting comparison, we’ll be breaking down an interesting matchup between Flywheel and HostMonster. These hosts are quite different, but there is a clear winner. After we lay out their main similarities and differences, we’ll give our best hosting advice at the end.
- 24/7 customer support
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- HostMonster’s customer support often does not respond in a timely reminder
- HostMonster has a much wider range of hosting options
- HostMonster’s uptime has been a bit shaky in the past, while Flywheel has a lifetime average of over 99.9% uptime
- Flywheel is designed specifically for freelancers, creative agencies, and designers
- Flywheel tested as one of the fastest web hosts, and is much faster than HostMonster
- FlyWheel is known for their beautiful interface
- VPS WordPress (Pay-per-site and bulk plans available)
- WordPress available for installation
While neither of these hosts are known for their low prices, HostMonster is the cheaper of the two. HostMonster’s shared plans start at $9.49/month (with a 3-year plan), while Flywheel’s cheapest WordPress option will run you $15.00/month.
Although Flywheel only offers VPS WordPress hosting, we still believe that they’re the clear winner in this matchup. Flywheel outperforms HostMonster in just about every category. Flywheel is more reliable in both uptime and customer support, and their top-notch page-loading speed makes them one of the best hosts out there. HostMonster, on the other hand, offers mediocre hosting plans that are relatively expensive. Other web hosts can do the same or more for less money.
For more information on Flywheel and HostMonster, check out the following videos: