Having trouble deciding on a web host? Reading up on hosting comparisons can help you sort out your decision. The following will compare GoDaddy hosting with Name.com hosting. At the end, we’ll let you know which host we’d recommend.
- WordPress plans
- 24/7 support
- Industry-standard cPanel
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Affordable hosting
- GoDaddy offers both Linux and Windows-based options
- GoDaddy’s refund policies vary depending on the plan, while Name.com offers the standard 30 day money-back guarantee on all of their plans
- GoDaddy has a wider-range of plans to choose from
- Name.com’s speed, uptime reliability, and customer support have all tested below average for a web host, while GoDaddy is solid pretty across the board
- Name.com’s plans are more limited than GoDaddy’s
GoDaddy is slightly cheaper, with hosting plans for under $3.50/month. Name.com, on the other hand, has shared hosting starting from $4.99/month (with a 1 year plan).
GoDaddy is the clear winner, in our opinion. Not only do they perform better than Name.com in speed, uptime reliability, and customer support, but GoDaddy’s plans also have better features. Furthermore, GoDaddy has a wider-range of plans to choose from (i.e. VPS and dedicated hosting), and they have the option for either Linux or Windows-based hosting. To top it all off, GoDaddy is also cheaper. It’s no contest, really.
For more information on Name.com and GoDaddy, check out the videos below: