iPage and WP Engine are two very different web hosts. While WP Engine is a premium WordPress-specific web host, iPage is more of a standard web host with very affordable plans available.
- 24/7 customer support
- Uptime guarantee
- Linux-based servers
- iPage has a wider-range of hosting plans
- iPage has the standard 30 day money-back guarantee, while WP Engine has a lengthy 60 day money-back guarantee
- iPage is significantly cheaper
- WP Engine is only for WordPress hosting and has many WordPress specific features
- WP Engine has better uptime and faster page-loading speeds than iPage
- WP Engine has better security features and customer service
WP Engine hosting:
- Managed WordPress
iPage has much cheaper hosting options, with plans starting at $1.99/month. Meanwhile, WP Engine’s cheapest plan, the Personal plan, costs $29.00/month. They have managed and custom WordPress hosting plans as well, which gets far more expensive.
This is a difficult one to choose. When it comes to pure hosting performance, WP Engine is clearly superior to iPage. They also have a longer money-back guarantee, and when it comes to WordPress, they’re one of the top options out their, due to their WordPress-specific features. However, they are very pricey, with their cheapest plan costing $29.00/month. iPage, on the other hand, has very cheap hosting plans, but their hosting performance is relatively mediocre.
For more information on WP Engine and iPage, check out the videos below: