The following will compare Name.com hosting with Media Temple hosting. These hosts are quite different. Media Temple is a premium host, with big-name clients such as Starbucks and Adidas. Name.com, on the other hand, is more or less your run-of-the mill host with affordable plans and basic features. After breaking down their similarities and differences, we’ll let you know which host we’d recommend.
- 24/7 customer support
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- Media Temple has a wider-range of hosting plans to choose from
- Media Temple has managed WordPress and VPS plans
- Media Temple has superior uptime, support, and plan features, but is significantly more expensive
- Name.com is slower, has less reliable uptime, and a worse technical support team
- Name.com’s speed, uptime reliability, and customer support have all tested below average for a web host, while Media Temple is above average in all of these categories
- Name.com’s plans have far more limitations than Media Temple
Media Temple hosting:
- Managed WordPress
Media Temple is a premium web host, but it will cost you. Shared plans with Media Temple start at $20.00/month, whereas Name.com’s shared plans start at $4.99/month.
Despite Media Temple’s very expensive prices, we’d still recommend them over Name.com. There are many web hosts that perform far better than Name.com, and for less money. Although Media Temple is significantly more expensive than Name.com, their solid uptime, fast page-loading speeds, and excellent features helps to justify their prices.
For more information on Media Temple and Name.com, check out the videos below: