It can be difficult to decide on which web host to use, since there are so many out there to choose from. Reading up on comparisons can really help narrow down your options. The following will compare DreamHost hosting with NameCheap hosting.
- 24/7 support
- Wide-range of hosting plans
- Uptime guarantee
- No phone support
- NameCheap has many plan limitations, including caps across domains, disk space, databases and email addresses
- NameCheap has pricey renewal fees
- DreamHost has superior uptime reliability
- DreamHost has top-notch technical support
- DreamHost has a very lengthy 97 day money-back guarantee, whereas NameCheap has an unusually short 14 day money-back guarantee
- Private Email hosting
- WordPress available for installation
NameCheap has some of the cheapest hosting available. Their shared hosting can cost as low as $9.88/year, which comes out to about $0.82/month! Meanwhile, the cheapest shared hosting plan you can get with DreamHost costs around $2.59/month. However, it should be noted that NameCheap has expensive renewal prices, which evens the score a bit.
If you’re looking for the best host in terms of performance, DreamHost is the clear winner in this matchup. They are more reliable, have better support, a far longer money-back guarantee, and superior plan features. However, NameCheap has almost no advantages over DreamHost except price.