If you’re having difficulties deciding between DreamHost and Squarespace, we’ve broken down their similarities and differences below to help. At the end, we’ll give you our best hosting advice.
- 24/7 support
- No phone support
- Squarespace is known for their aesthetically pleasing design templates
- Squarespace functions as an all-in-one website builder
- Squarespace is ideal for designers, portfolios, photographers, boutique businesses, online shops and bloggers
- DreamHost has faster page-loading speeds and more reliable uptime
- DreamHost has a lengthy 97 day money-back guarantee, while Squarespace offers a short 14 day free trial
DreamHost has the pricing advantage, with shared plans starting at $7.95/month, but with our connections to DreamHost, we are able to offer our website visitors $2.95/month here. Squarespace’s cheapest plan, on the other hand, costs $12.00/month, and that’s only if you agree to a yearlong plan. We weren’t able to negotiate pricing with them.
We prefer DreamHost in this matchup. While Squarespace has the ability to create some beautiful websites, DreamHost simply outperforms Squarespace in all the major categories, including more reliable uptime, faster page-loading speeds, and superior technical support. To top it off, DreamHost has superior features and cheaper prices. If you want the best deal that we could negotiate with DreamHost and the best deal we could find for a discount click here to grab it before it’s gone.